Monday, April 16, 2012

Standardized Testing Week



We have testing for the next 4 days. Since I teach an "even" grade level test, I do not have to give the Otis Lennon IQ test which means I have less tests to give. The SAT has 8 sections for second grade, so we do 2 sections per day for 4 days.

This year, I decided to do something different. Normally I allow students to chew gum or have hard candy, but I wanted to do something else. We did stretches before the first test and while we had a restroom break, we did jumping jacks, push ups, hops, windmills and splits before we started test #2.

Honestly, I saw a difference in focusing! This eliminated extra energy and they were calm as cucumbers while taking the reading vocabulary test! I will be doing this all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment