Friday, July 23, 2010

Organization

How do you organize?

I organize my library with book bins and tubs. This year, I am going to group the books by Accelerated Reader levels.

I keep all teacher resource books on a tall teacher shelf behind my desk. I try to keep them categorized by subjects.

For lesson planning, I created a Microsoft Word template that I use and then print out. It saves time and money than the old teacher lesson planner book.

I am trying to get a great organizational system for differentiation and our new reading curriculum.

As I was checking out http://proteacher.net I found a wealth of resources including this teacher's website on organizing students' work.

Check it out!

http://www.vickymoore2.com/for.cfm?subpage=408445

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my biggest organizational years yet (the books are GROWING after 6 years of homeschooling.) Up to this point, it has been tubs and a storage chest. This year, it will only one tub, a bookshelf, and a new-to-us China cabinet converted for storage. My supplemental books will be organized by subject, and general supplies will be more organized as well. Our student bookshelf will continue to be for "living books" from the library. I'm FAR from done (and feel the crunch of the new year sneaking in.) Great topic, Jen.
    Blessings,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete