Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Great First Week!

My students and I had a great first week! The first week consisted of three days which I absolutely love because it isn't too long or too short. It's a time to get to know the students better and assess the reading/math levels.

On Friday, I introduced the Clickers to my class. They were thrilled! They thought it was so cool to answer each question and see if they got the answer correct. On Monday, I did a small pre-assessment on the weekly vocabulary words. It was a great way to see which words I needed to focus on and which to just discuss.

If you have access to Clickers and a Smartboard, I highly encourage you to do so! It is a wonderful pre-assessment and post-assessment tool to see if they are on-track for your instructional goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment